SIGN ON BONUS $2,000.00 (paid over 6 months)
Come join our growing team! Looking for a technician with a Maine and NH gasfitter's license.
In response to COVID-19: Please note we at Palmer Gas & Oil are continuing to actively hire during this time. As we look to increase our HVAC Technician team we are taking precautionary measures throughout our interview process to ensure potential candidates will remain safe.
Palmer Gas & Oil is a family-owned and operated business that thrives on teamwork. We have fun while getting the job done and keeping our customer’s happy. Helping our employees develop their skills, to grow in their field of expertise, is something we are passionate about. We are one of the largest fuel suppliers in the state of New Hampshire, Northern Massachusetts, and Southern Maine, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we serve.
HVAC Technicians work is primarily residential and reports to the North Hampton office. Palmer Gas & Oil is a Drug-Free Workplace. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Palmer Gas & Oil is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits for HVAC Technicians:
· Health Insurance with Vision (currently Anthem BC/BS), and Dental Insurance (currently Delta Dental)
· Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
· Paid time off
· 401K/Roth Plan
· Annual Bonuses
· Industry and ongoing training
· EAP-Employee Assistant Program
· Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
· Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations need for HVAC Technicians
· Must have and maintain a safe driving record.
· NEFI or equivalent oil burner school certification.
· CETP Propane training
· Current Maine and NH gasfitter's license.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for HVAC Technicians
· Provides customer service and satisfaction by efficiently maintaining and repairing all Propane and Oil appliances sold by the company to Residential, Commercial and Industrial customers in a manner that supports the company’s commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction.
· Responsible for efficient communication, harmonious interaction and support of co-workers and management team members.
· Drives truck safely and to perform requested service at customer’s home or place of business in order to meet customer requirements and company productivity goals.
· Responds and drives to scheduled service call by dispatch or through answering service when on-call.
· Installs and maintains gas and oil appliances, and heating, boiler, furnace systems and grills.
· Performs gas checks, tune ups, and clean outs on heating equipment.
· Installs propane gas tanks and oil tanks and related equipment.
· Maintains all required paperwork associated with HVAC service, installations and service maintenance calls.
· Maintains stock and tools in service vehicle.
· Responsible for maintaining external appearance and both internal and external cleanliness of service vehicle.
· Aids in training of new employees.
· Must be available to work on Saturdays and Sundays as needed.
· Works on various projects and jobs assigned by the manager.
· Assists in performing tasks of other employees within the department as needed.
· Proficient in the use of electronic devices.
· Maintains and promotes company brand guidelines and core values at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour