Portsmouth Submarine Memorial Association
Development Coordinator Position Description
Position reports to the Executive Director and Development Committee Chairperson
Starting date: ASAP
Portsmouth Submarine Memorial Association (PSMA) seeks a detail-oriented and forward-thinking individual to join a team to help establish and grow the organization’s development department. The Development Coordinator will be a key member of the new development team and will work closely with the Executive Director and the Chair of the Development Committee to build and develop PSMA’s donor base. The Development Coordinator will support and manage major gift solicitations through the Salesforce Database program. As a member of the development team, this role will work with key stakeholders across all donor constituencies, and help to serve as a point person for relationships with supporters and partners.
Job Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the Development Coordinator (DC) include the following:
• Participate in long- and short-term development planning in partnership with the Development Committee and Executive Director to meet project funding fundraising goals.
• Help support and coordinate individual, group and Corporate giving programs.
• Coordinate meetings for the Development team and staff that relate to funding, prospecting, or donor stewarding/cultivating.
• Help conduct research and prepare briefing materials and run reports for Board Members and the Executive Director upon requests as it relates to donor outreach and prospecting.
• Co-lead with the Executive Director the planning and implementation of donor events and cultivation activities.
• Work with Executive Director to coordinate funding reports for federal, state, city government grant applications as well as private foundation and corporate funding opportunities.
• Experience with Wealth Engine is a plus but training will be provided for proficiency.
• Play a lead role in Salesforce as well as the ongoing maintenance of the system.
o Responsible for maintaining records of contributors and prospects in Salesforce to include: efficiently and accurately enter donor and prospect information on a regular basis; process all gifts received including both credit card processing and checks; process mail edits, which includes researching bad addresses and completing changes of address on returned mail.
o Support the organization with information retrieval for related gifts as well as create and generate regular reports for tracking fundraising efforts as needed.
o Create and maintain a system for tracking relationships, activities, and touchpoints for major donors and prospects.
o Create and maintain a Salesforce manual for PSMA that outlines the processes and procedures for entering gifts and maintaining the system.
• Working in partnership with the Executive Director and Chair of the Development Committee, to review and update development department policy documents including, but not limited to: gift acceptance policy, procedures for processing gifts, and Board of Directors Operations Manual.
• Develop a script for PSMA’s Board of Directors to use with prospective donors.
• Work in partnership with the Executive Director to coordinate and plan donor communications and outreach.
• Monitor news, philanthropic publications, and alerts to identify new prospects
• Find appropriate online services, magazines, and research tools to support the work of the department.
• Other duties as assigned
• Associates Degree with 2 years of additional experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Three or more years of related professional experience in development at a not-for-profit organization
• Demonstrated knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM; Training provided if needed
• Proficiency in Google Drive
• Strong technology skills and general computer literacy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Aptitude for maintaining and creating systems
• Strong analytical and problems solving skills
• Ability to meet competing deadlines on time, while working independently and exercising thoughtful prioritization
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Full-time hourly position.
$20 per hour.
LOCATION: Albacore Park, 569 Submarine Way, Portsmouth, New Hampshire
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please submit a CV/Resume and 1-page cover letter with 3 references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Development Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please.
HIRING STATEMENT: Portsmouth Submarine Memorial Association is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color, and gender nonconforming candidates to apply. Portsmouth Submarine Memorial Association is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, gender identification, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.