Part-time, front desk position, paid hourly with hours ranging between 19.5-30 per week working for a non-profit organization. Weekdays, Saturday and one evening per month required. Benefits not provided. Starting pay is $14.00 per hour.
- Must be customer service oriented and driven
- Must be able to communicate effectively both in written and oral language skills
- Must be familiar with the York Region and able to give area directions
- Must be cheerful, courteous, friendly, and must smile and laugh easily
- Must be able to work as a member of a team to promote the chamber and its objectives
- Must maintain confidentiality regarding the operations of the chamber related to financial information, employees, members and the Board of Directors
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Must be creative, efficient, organized, reliable, flexible, and energetic
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs
- Must be able to go up and down stairs with ease
- Must be punctual, have reliable transportation and a valid Drivers License
- Must be able to use your own vehicle to fill external brochure kiosks weekly as needed. Mileage is paid for this task at the IRS standard mileage rate.
- Must be available to work as needed on weekends and week nights at special events, fundraisers, business after hours, etc.
- Assist Exec. Dir. and other staff as needed with all clerical functions including invoicing, other mailings, maintenance of databases, leads lists, etc.
- Assist in the maintenance of the grounds and the building including garbage removal, vacuuming, keeping the kitchen area and conference room clean.
- Respond effectively and in a timely manner to requests for information from the public and inquiries or requests for services from the members
- Keep the Director informed of all pertinent issues related to the daily operation of the chamber and the building
- Greet and assist visitors, general filing, maintain brochure racks (on and off site), answer phone calls, pack boxes for trade shows, and any other duty as required.